- Applicants name must be shown on the document
- Applicants name on document to match applicants name in RIW (However shortened first names such as 'Chris' for 'Christopher' are accepted)
- Statement of Attainment should be uploaded
NOTE: Certificate of Achievement showing Track Safety Awareness MTM Level 1 is not acceptable by itself as evidence for this competency. If this document is going to be used It would still need to be accompanied by the required Statement of Attainment document in the uploaded file.
NOTE: MTM Train Track Safety Awareness is the same as: Track Safety Awareness MTM Level 1, Victorian Train Track Safety Awareness
- Document should indicate completion of TLIF2080 Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- For certificates issued prior to 01.09.2016, training must have been conducted with one of the following approved training providers:
- Metro Academy
- Centre for Excellence in Rail Training (CERT)
- John Holland Group OR Accell (showing john Holland logo on document)
- Skilled Rail Services (Only for certificates issued before 01.10.2018)
- Please note: From the 05/07/2020 certificates issued by The Instruction Company are no longer accepted for this competency.
- For certificates issued after 01.09.2016, training must have been conducted with one of the following approved training providers: Bulletin: L&D-BUL-85-2018 Metro Approved Provider List
- For certificates issued after the 17.10.19 by CERT
- Certificate of Achievement indicating completion of VICL10TTSA Victorian Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness and VICMETSAEI Metro Safety & Environmental Induction must be present with the Statement of Attainment TLIF2080 Safely Access the Rail Corridor.
- However, If separate PDF files have been added to the profile Statement of Attainment for TLIF2080 can be accepted only when Certificate of Achievement VICL10TTSA and/or VICMETSAEI has been uploaded to Induction. MTM Safety and Environmental Induction / Induction. Track Safety Awareness MTM Level 1.
- Award dates and certificates must match for this competency to be verified.
- If a Statement of Attainment showing completion of TLIF2080, issued by Metro Academy (after 03/10/2019) is uploaded, then a certificate showing Metro Safety & Environmental Induction or Train Track Safety Awareness is not required
This competency has a 2 year validity period
- NOTE: Any SARC certificate uploaded into the MTM Operator role issued after the 1 May 2017 that has been issued by CERT must contain the following wording on the statement of attainment - this identifies that it was delivered against MTM specific courseware.
- "These competencies form part of the Certificate II in Track Protection TLI21915 Victorian Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness (MTM)"
- If any certificate issued after the 1 May 2017 does not contain this wording it must be rejected as it means it was delivered interstate by CERT and does not meet our requirements.
From November 2019 onwards.
- New certificate issued by Accell run by JH trainers with MTM courseware.
- Statement of attainment must have the following statement:
- "This Statement of Attainment is issued on the basis that training was conducted by John Holland, using MTM approved resources."
- Statement of attainment must be accompanied by a certificate of completion issued by JH, image attached. (note: this is already in the business rules).
- Certificate of completion must have MTM Safety and Environment Induction.
- Certificate of Completion issued by John Holland can be loaded independently as long as the statement "already holds unit of competency SOA will not be reissued", is present on certificate.
- Date of completion (rather than certificate issue date) shown on certificate must be entered as the issue date within RIW.
- Expiry date = 2 years from date of completion
- NOTE: If the certificate does not show completion date, issue / awarded date may be entered in as ‘Issue date’ in RIW
|Not accepted examples|
|Business Rule Link|
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.