From 1 January 2023, this competency must be awarded to the Rail Industry Worker profile using one of the following methods :
- Directly awarded by the RTO who delivered the training, or
- Added by a company if the certificate has back-to-source verification, such as a QR code. Please check the accepted evidence below for an example.
If the competency does not meet these requirements, you can refer to how Network-based competencies are managed in the RIW System for more information.
- Applicants name must be displayed on the document
- Applicants name on the document must match the cardholder's registered name (However shortened versions such as 'Chris' for 'Christopher' can be accepted)
- A Statement of Attainment is required for this competency.
- A Certificate of achievement with the TfNSW specific statement listed is not acceptable (even if accompanied by a statement of attainment for safely access the rail corridor). The paragraph must be on the statement of attainment.
- A Statement of Attainment awarding TLIF2080 (or equivalent) Safely access the rail corridor with an issue date on or before 24 Dec 2021 is acceptable, provided all other business rule components are met.
- A Statement of Attainment awarding TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor with an issue date after 24 Dec 2021 is acceptable, provided all other business rule components are met.
- All Statements of Attainments from approved registered training organisations must have the following statement on the certificate, unless the certificate has been issued firsthand by Transport for NSW and shows the corresponding logo.
- This Statement of Attainment is issued on the basis of the training material provided in accordance with the Training Material licenced by TfNSW.
- All Statement of Attainments are required to have the TfNSW specific statement written on the certificate from 01/01/2016.
- Note: TfNSW do not accept Urban Rail Training qualifications with an issue date of 18/11/2023 onwards.
- Note: TfNSW do not accept Southern Cross Rail Training qualifications with an issue date between 30/05/2014 and 20/01/2016.
- Note: Skilled was a training provider during this period, but is now a closed training arm- SOAs from skilled will be accepted as long as all other business rule components are met.
TfNSW has Approved Training Providers (ATPs) approved to deliver TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor on behalf of TfNSW, please click here to confirm.
- Award date = date of completion shown on evidence
- Expiry date = none
|Not accepted evidence|
|Business Rule Link|
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.